Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When we adopted Groot we were told he was a German Shepherd. He just doesn't look German Shepherdy to me. His ears, his tail, his snout and the colors. I honestly can't find much that looks like him. Especially with the giant ears and the long thin tail. Friends and family have commented he looks like he has some hound dog? Others have said great dane/lab. Whatever he is, he is the sweetest big baby. I'm just curious what others think :) I couldn't get a good picture of his giant tail 馃槄 He is a little over a year now and about 70 pounds. The bottom picture here is with his first vet visit. He was underweight by about 20 pounds according to the vet.

Registered
I only see one picture. Can you get one of him standing from the side so we can see his body shape, markings and face?

Registered
Meant to also add that with the white on his chest must have some other breed also as neither German Shepherd or Doberman would have white like that.

Registered
Pretty sure it's a mix. The clue is in the eyes. From corner to corner his eyes slant up toward the middle of the ear. A typical german shepherd has eyes that slant off at an angle under or along the base of the ear.

The eye slant and white markings on the chest are reminiscent of a staffordshire terrier. For the rest it's pretty german shepherd looking to me.

Just to be clear, I'm making a guess based on what I see. If you want to know for sure you'll have to ask the vet for a DNA test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts