Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's fall, and it's already getting very cold where I am at馃ザ and I have a chihuahua who is used to warm weather. I'm afraid that he won't use the bathroom outside as he HATES the cold, but I also want him to get more use to it to at least not suffer having to use the bathroom outside, and maybe (possibly) even take him on walks. Of course I'm not going to do anything forceful, or mean, what are all the good ways to help him?

Registered
Buy him some coats! My Chi had very light hair, meaning nearly none on his belly and inner thighs. I got him a coat assortment and he still didn't mind walks as long as it wasn't through snow. He would/did still go out to do his business in the yard, snow or not, all winter in Colorado!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy him some coats! My Chi had very light hair, meaning nearly none on his belly and inner thighs. I got him a coat assortment and he still didn't mind walks as long as it wasn't through snow. He would/did still go out to do his business in the yard, snow or not, all winter in Colorado!
Okay! I will get him a coat! I didn't know if giving him coat would help enough, so thank you for your reply

Registered
My boy doesn't mind the cold, I think he prefers it, but I live in Canada and it can get very very cold in the winter. He has a few winter coats and boots and also a harness vest for going on walks which I think is the most helpful piece of clothing I got him. It's a padded vest with an integrated harness.
Shoe Sleeve Textile Bag Grey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts