Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I got my dog second year of college, it was much easier because I knew what to sorta expect from my first year. I live on campus though in a dorm with my dog. I'll just say its been no walk in the park to have a dog these couple of years but I found it worth it.

You just have to remember that you choose a dog, there is going to be a lot more sacrifices. Luckily, because all my dogs have friends, we understand our limitations but your dog will require your time when other fun events come into play and you have to choose. Your dog will depend on you and its your job as the owner to be there.

I suggest waiting and getting a feel to your school life. Go out with friends, explore, have fun, be stupid or whatever, but if you're still interested in getting a dog just understand that the dog's responsibility relies on you.

I wouldn't have it any other way, I love having a dog in college, even after a bad day I have a happy face waiting for me when I get back. But I also have to get up earlier than I used to before classes to make sure she is set before classes. I had a few added expenses like her food budget and her medicine. Going out with friends needed to wait.

Think long and hard about it

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.