Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got Molly right before the start of my 4th year in a 5-year program. I couldn't have handled it without my boyfriend sharing in the responsibilities, and the 1-month break between classes that I spent raising her and adjusting her to her new home. We decided we wanted a dog 2 years before the timing was right to actually get one, and even then I wish I'd spent more time preparing (Why didn't I find this forum before I got her?! Reviewing my first posts here is almost painful).

She's a year old now, and I'm still nervous about how difficult it'll be with my senior project and (hopefully) part-time job this fall.

It would be awesome for you if there's a time in your school career when you have the proper time and resources for a dog. Molly has brought as much happiness into my life as she has stress (okay, more happiness :) ). Just make sure you prepare yourself. It's not uncommon for living situations to change unpredictably when you're first starting out. I'd recommend spending at least one year getting acclimated to everything before adding a pet.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.