Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'v decided that I'm going to go with a Border Collie puppy. Yes, I know that Border Collies are high maintanence dogs, that being said the type of attention (and etc...) that Border Collies require (especially puppies) is exactly the breed of dog that I'm looking for. A dog that needs "plenty" of exercise, and that needs lots of mental stimulation... and of course I'v done 'tons' of research on the pros and cons of the breed as well...

That all being said, I'm having trouble actually finding the right Border Collie puppy... Of course, I'm not wanting to buy a BC pup that's from anything remotely close to backyard breeding/puppy mill and would preferably buy from someone who only breeds every few years or 1 maybe twice a year, with dogs that are their "pets" and not "breeding stock."

So if anyone here knows of good websites, breeder websites, breeders, puppies (maybe even dogs) up for adoption, advise, your opinion, or "anything at all" please let me know. Also, here are the states I'm able to get a puppy or dog from *Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Alabama.

Also, if there happens to be a decent Border Collie up for adoption, that's definitely an option too. I would maybe go with an adult BC, but since I already have one dog, she will end up getting along with a puppy in time than she would an adult dog... (not really going to get into that whole subject, but trust me there's plenty of reasons why)

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Meh, my links may not be so helpful because I missed the key word "puppy" in the OP's post. Most of those rescue dogs are a little older (like a year and up). Perhaps you could get in contact with a few of the rescues and see if there are any puppies not on their website yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts