Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this and wounder if anyone can give me some advise..
I have a 1year old german sheppard x with rotttie...she is losing a hudge amount of hair,i am brushing her daily and filling up plastic bags full of her hair..after brushing it is still falling off her in clumps..she has no board patches tho..surely this is not normal to molt so much..please does ne1 have ne advise...thanks..

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
hi i am new to this and wounder if anyone can give me some advise..
I have a 1year old german sheppard x with rotttie...she is losing a hudge amount of hair,i am brushing her daily and filling up plastic bags full of her hair..after brushing it is still falling off her in clumps..she has no board patches tho..surely this is not normal to molt so much..please does ne1 have ne advise...thanks..
If there are no bald spots I do not see this being anything more than shedding. My lab/collie mix sheds real bad about two times a year. If you are really concerned look at the food you are feeding her. Is it high quality? Is she itchy a lot by chance? If the answer is no again I can only imagine it would be typical shedding. Have her professionally groomed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Keep an eye on it, and see if bald spots are coming up.. hair loss can be caused by a lot of things, parasites, endocrine disorders etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts