Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I am a total german shepherd fanatic, having been planning on getting one since about 14 years old, and having had one for the last 25 years.

I am a 'backyard breeder', after hearing/ discovering that it is a job (Including delivery and raising puppies) that is done for love of the breed and definately not money!
I currently have a beautiful purebred (with photocopied papers) /pedigreed 3 y.o. bitch, and plan on breeding her when I find a better backyard /flat/ house setup to live in (currently nearby dogpark/ no decent fence for pups)....
I'd luv to 'meet' other shepherd enthusiasts online, and am wondering how to find a stud that the local (Sth Australian) Police will be happy with, as they have expressed an enthusiastic interest in her pups....and they're right! She's fast, smart, trainable, intelligent, with a good temperament and an excellent jumper........
I 'jump' her at a stick on lead for her nightly walk to exercise her properly, as she's predominantly an indooor dog, who luvs her creature comforts like her 'Tigger' toy and beanbag/ crochet mat etc.............
Is there another Sth Australian shepherd owner online, do I have to join the German Shepherd Club, or do I have to advertise for a stud? Offer/ deal is: "pick of the male puppies as studfee"........My last bitch was not interesting Police the way that this one is.....And I'll certainly be proud if we sell one to be a Police Dogsquad dog! Last bitch used to find her own pedigreed 'boyfriends' around the place on dogwalks etc........
She's spoilt rotten but beautiful, but is the runt of the litter so tends to be small for breed.
Get back to me if you likewise have a pedigreed purebred or pedigreed dog and are interested. I'll do all the rest, including delivering my own (well - HER!) puppies....The stud owner will maybe have to compete with the Police for best of males, as I know that they only use male dogs, for their own reasons.....
I call her Madam Von Astar (she didn't like any other title when we got formal!)/named after her mum...
Also please get back if you just want to talk about the breed/another German Shepherd fanatic/ enthusiast...........I can talk dog for hours!
All the best to all you doglovers...
Cheers Jewels

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there,
If you're another doglover, I'd like to hear back from you too, I can really talk about those lovely animals......for ages. I also have lots of tips to share about training etc.......
Cheers Jewels

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there my name is misty and my mom and i currently own 8 shepherds, 5 of which are 4 week old pups lol. We are also backyard breeders, only one female at the time is being bread but i think we are going to retire her and our other female will take her place next year. Then we have our own male. I was woundering if you can help me out, our male is an outside dog, and we let him out to run and play everyday but when he does he chases our horses and will not stop for nothing, he actually got kicked the other day apparently not hard enough cause he didnt stop. I'm getting so fustrated with him and cant figure out how to stop him, our females have their balls to keep them buisy but he wont play with them he just go after our horses. If i cant figure out something soon im going to get him a shock collar or something like that. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
oh heres a pic of our dogs.
the first pic is of faith our momma and her new litter days after they arrived, then our male tidus with my son and last is jackie our next breeding bitch.
100_5542.jpg

100_4318.jpg

100_5171.jpg

·
Banned
112 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to breed without thinking of the actual breed is irresponsible. TO protect the wellbeing of all breeds we must make sure that we maintain the breed standard. DO NOT BREED if you dame or sire have no OFA certification (hips & Elbows) do not breed if you dog does not meet the breed standard.

If you do, you are being detrimental to the breed.
Just to breed without thinking of the actual breed is irresponsible. TO protect the wellbeing of all breeds we must make sure that we maintain the breed standard. DO NOT BREED if you dame or sire have no OFA certification (hips & Elbows) do not breed if you dog does not meet the breed standard.

If you do, you are being detrimental to the breed.

90% of the dogs in animal shelter are sold for $500 or less, trust me you do not want to be part of increasing the shelter dogs.

Breeding is good, as long as you think about what you are doing.

·
Banned
112 Posts
OFA standards are out of date and by no means insure your dog clears for hips. You should get a pennhip test instead. if your scores are less than 50% then DO NOT BREED.

·
Registered
13 Posts

hi as you are a fanatic of GS i was wondering if you could help me with what you may think my pup is??? she is just over 3 months, has lovely markings and her hair is very dense and thick...a few have said that she looks like a GS, or a Belgian shepherd, ive also seen photos of a Bohemian shepherd, the thing is she has quite short legs , what do you think????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re; pup

hi as you are a fanatic of GS i was wondering if you could help me with what you may think my pup is??? she is just over 3 months, has lovely markings and her hair is very dense and thick...a few have said that she looks like a GS, or a Belgian shepherd, ive also seen photos of a Bohemian shepherd, the thing is she has quite short legs , what do you think????
Hi there,
She looks like a German Shepherd to me; the Belgian Shepherd is pure black. As for her legs being short, I find that my dogs grow in stages. In a few months time, she may be lanky, and short in the body. My bitch grew up lanky and longlegged, and then became longbodied for a while. Now she fits the standard for a German Shepherd to a tee, even with the 'lionlike gait' and stance with one hind leg behind the other.
Cheers Jewels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts