Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this dog, he is already almost 2 years old and I don't really know what his father is. I only know for sure that his mother is a pure black german shepherd. Anyone has any idea what the father could be?

He seems to be very fun and playful as well as intelligent. Whenever we're playing and I'm trying to take a toy from him, he just snatches it and puts one of his legs below and the other one above it making it a pretty tight grip. He also likes to take his bowl and drop near my legs whenever he is hungry. Not sure if this is useful at all.

His ears are half folded and he seems to be much taller as well as leaner than a german shepherd.

So, any ideas?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Maybe some kind of Sighthound? My podenco X does the same when we play tug, she holds the toy in her paws, and holds bones with her paws, too.
¿Does he herd? ¿Good reflexes to movement?

Edit: I agree with pennywednesday, he's a really handsome dog!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Another vote for lab-shepherd mix
Looks alot like my neighbour's lab mix actually

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I also see pit in there. I also have a very slim GSD mix, sometimes they just get the skinny genes in a mix! My dog is outweighed by her siblings by 10-30 pounds. We assume she is 3/4 GSD and 1/4 Lab mix or something (judging by how her mom looks)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts