Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just adopted a 5 month old German Shepherd mix. We believe she is part Boxer because she has the normal Boxer teeth. She is a joy to have :)
Her name is Shyloh Beth, ( Beth was her original name) but she likes Shyloh better.
Anyways, I would like to know what others may think about Shyloh. :)
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can't see a German shepherd in her. Are you sure? And what's normal boxer teeth?

Have you any sideways photos of her standing up so that we can see body shape, limb angulation, head in profile, tail set/carriage?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I don't see GSD, either. Nor do I see boxer. What I do see is Black Mouth Cur. BMCs and BMC mixes are pretty common in the South, where did you get Shyloh? (Personally, I prefer Shyloh to Beth, too.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dog Canidae Dog breed Boerboel Fawn

Didn't want to wake her up lol
But yeah, the shelter don't know what she is either. They just said some kind of shepherd mix. Other people have said they do see the Boxer in her.She lost the pointy teeth that stick out already.

I can't see a German shepherd in her. Are you sure? And what's normal boxer teeth?

Have you any sideways photos of her standing up so that we can see body shape, limb angulation, head in profile, tail set/carriage?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see BMC however, I'm in North America.
She has huge paws and extra webbing in between. It's rather cute. And I loved the name Shyloh from Homeward Bound :)

I don't see GSD, either. Nor do I see boxer. What I do see is Black Mouth Cur. BMCs and BMC mixes are pretty common in the South, where did you get Shyloh? (Personally, I prefer Shyloh to Beth, too.)

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I can see BMC however, I'm in North America.
She has huge paws and extra webbing in between. It's rather cute. And I loved the name Shyloh from Homeward Bound :)
Webbing is a BMC trait, too.

I meant the US South, like Kentucky, Alabama, etc. I lived in the PA when I got Kabota, but he came from Kentucky. It's very common for rescues and even shelters in the North of the US to get their dogs from the South of the US. Most dogs going into shelters in the North are pit bulls and pit bull mixes. For a variety of reasons, these dogs are hard to place. The South, on the other hand, is overrun with breeds that very desirable and easy to place in the North- GSD mixes, BMCs (often mistaken for GSD mixes), border collie mixes, hounds, etc.

The same thing happens with Chihuahuas in Southern California. Chis are so common in S Cali that shelters can't adopt them out, but Chis are wildly popular in places like NYC, so they get shipped from S Cali to points east.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Webbing is a BMC trait, too.

I meant the US South, like Kentucky, Alabama, etc. I lived in the PA when I got Kabota, but he came from Kentucky. It's very common for rescues and even shelters in the North of the US to get their dogs from the South of the US. Most dogs going into shelters in the North are pit bulls and pit bull mixes. For a variety of reasons, these dogs are hard to place. The South, on the other hand, is overrun with breeds that very desirable and easy to place in the North- GSD mixes, BMCs (often mistaken for GSD mixes), border collie mixes, hounds, etc.

The same thing happens with Chihuahuas in Southern California. Chis are so common in S Cali that shelters can't adopt them out, but Chis are wildly popular in places like NYC, so they get shipped from S Cali to points east.
Hmm. Now I'm more curious.. Think I may get her DNA tested just to find out. She likes being chased and to chase. Also does this nose pushing when she's behind you. :)

Here's a better picture of her side view. Mammal Canidae Dog Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
She is in nice condition with nicely short nails and tight feet, whatever she is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is in nice condition with nicely short nails and tight feet, whatever she is.
Thank you :)
She's starting to gain weight but still is slightly skinny. She will be a 1 yr on Oct. 14th :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My boyfriend recently surprised me with a puppy. He is now 5 months old and weighs 35 lbs. He was rescued from a young college girl who had wanted a dog but couldn't take care of him. Before then, he was on Craigslist. He's very, very sweet and very attached to my boyfriend already. He is also very protective. I know he's mixed, but wanted to get some opinions on what you all may think he is. Please help :) I uploaded 3 pictures here. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.