Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I adopted my 9 year old poodle from a byb breeder when she was older and she seemed overwhelmed at first, so happy to be at my home.
Soon after she was adopted, we were out in the back yard and she brought me a leaf from the ground outside as a gift. I thanked her and told her what a good dog she was. Now every single time we go outside she finds a leaf and brings it to me, and I pat her and thank her.
I don't need any leaves but I'm happy to get hers because it so obviously brings her pleasure to bring me a gift.
Fortunately I have several large trees in my small yard including a huge oak, so we will never run out of leaves :p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My almost feral dog, Jaya, will come to me when I call her...but first she has to trot away from me, then trots or walks the parameter of the fence until from across the lawn she's lined up with the porch door, then she will trot across the lawn and come up onto the porch and into the house. It's almost like she's doing this to relieve the stress of ignoring her first instinct to run away and going with her new feelings of trusting me.

My dog HaHa...lol... It might be easier to just list the stuff he doesn't do in a quirky way... like sleep, and eat. :p He will take a toy outside and at least once a day, come running back in without it. I'll ask him "HaHa, where's your baby?"
And he will just freeze....then spin around and head back out the door and usually he goes into his doggy tent and gets the baby, or sometimes goes out onto the lawn and retrieves it and comes running back looking so pleased with him self.

And on a side note, my usually gentle cat, Song...leaves me alone when the dogs are in the house, but if they are outside and walk around the house, she stalks me...attacking my toes or the back of my legs. I nick named her "Song of The South" because of her attacks on my feet.

Stormy

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Zody likes to bask, or worship, in front of his little space heater. I turn the a.c. down at night, and since it's so cold in the apartment in the morning I don't mind turning the heater on for him even though it's in the 80's or 90's outside. He'll wait till I turn it on then go sit or lay in front of it, soaking in it's warmth, at times he'll roll over onto his back so that he looks like a beach goer soaking up the rays of the sun.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
My bf says when he gets home from work around 5:30 Delilah will be sleeping up stairs and ignore him when he comes in. But around 6:30 she'll jump on the windowsill like a cat and watch for me to come home. When she finally sees my car she meets me at the door and starts sprinting around the house as fast as she can, jumping onto furniture, leaping off things, running into walls. She just starts bouncing around like a little gazelle. Sooo cute.

She also doesn't have a very solid understanding of the physical world. We'll be playing with her with a sock or hat or something, and put it on, and it'll blow her mind. She has no idea where it went. She'll look around everywhere for it, and then she'll look at me with this dumbfounded expression. I told this to the trainer and she thinks there are some neurological issues going on- I don't disagree.

Mia was afraid of the bottom of her food bowl. She would refuse to eat if there were any empty spots in the bowl. And she would only eat out of her bowl. I could put down plates of chicken and steak and she would just stare at them and cry.

Dogs are weird animals. They probably think the same thing about us though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Brody likes to have his toys strewn all about the house. He doesn't play with them and leave them there, he just takes them out of his toy bin and moves them to other places. I can pick them all up and put them back, but the second he gets access to the toys he will just take them out and redistribute them around the house. It's the funniest thing.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Stella is really particular about the toys she plays fetch with. It has to always be the first one she picks up. No other frisbee will do, no matter if it's the same color or shape or if it's newer or more whole. Nope if you throw the one that wasn't the first, she will ignore it.

Reactions: Piddle Place

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My Molly is a weirdo about things being moved.......everything has it's place in a specific space in her world! I once moved a statue from under a console table to the bottom shelf of my bookcase and she was absolutely unhappy about it....she nosed it, pushed at it, and barked at it until I put it back to it's 'proper place' and then she was happy and once again ignored it.....but she notices EVERY little change !!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.