Dog Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
1,202 Posts
K I figured either sky light or high up window.

I used to be terrified of heights, somehow I was at the top of my latter reaching upwards and prunning trees two days ago. I wonder if you can actually conquer your fears?
Oh, you certainly can get over your fears. I'm living proof of that. I was afraid of dogs. I was still nervous of them (or more specifically, their barking/growling) by the time we got Max. He was a very vocal dog and helped me learn about the various canine vocality and helped kill the fear for good. :)

Sounds like you've done the same - that's awesome! Well done you. :D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The very rare, endangered Octodog. :LOL:
🤣🤣😂🤣 That was an action shot, how do they contort so easily?

Oh, you certainly can get over your fears. I'm living proof of that. I was afraid of dogs. I was still nervous of them (or more specifically, their barking/growling) by the time we got Max. He was a very vocal dog and helped me learn about the various canine vocality and helped kill the fear for good. :)

Sounds like you've done the same - that's awesome! Well done you. :D
Thanks! Yeah I did the sky flyer at Wonderland, where you sign a waiver first. I think I was actually crying doing up my suit 😂 and I thought I would pass out. But once I was up there and in mid glide, I put my arms out like I was flying. It was exhilarating! I felt at one with the universe lol.

·
Banned
385 Posts
🤣🤣😂🤣 That was an action shot, how do they contort so easily?

Thanks! Yeah I did the sky flyer at Wonderland, where you sign a waiver first. I think I was actually crying doing up my suit 😂 and I thought I would pass out. But once I was up there and in mid glide, I put my arms out like I was flying. It was exhilarating! I felt at one with the universe lol.
I spent months practicing standing on the glass floor of the CN Tower. I'd sit at my desk, close my eyes imagining the view and people around me, and then move my feet "onto the glass". It took a month before I could actually place my feet on that pretend glass. When I got to the CN Tower for real, it took me two hours to actually stand on the glass. It then took about 5 seconds to take a photo looking straight down, and get off the glass floor.

I tried to do the zipline. They got me all strapped in and after about 10 minutes of "testing" the straps, I made them unhook me. As I turned to walk back down the hill, I saw them strapping in a 2yr old with her dad.

But, I have rappeled down into Moaning Cavern (here in California) four times. Twice on the same day as I failed the zipline. I had folks telling me I was nuts because the rappel was "much worse" as you hang from a hole in the ceiling of the cave with about 100ft of empty air below you.

And I was able to quickly step onto a glass floor in another tower when I China to get a photo through the floor.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You must be a travel queen. That's pretty cool sounding, Moaning Cavern. I would like to do that!

I forgot I did zip lining too. I guess that's how you conquer your fears! But I was determined to prove something to myself haha.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Now you need another..You know what they say,,,"double your pleasure, double your fun!":p
Omg i've been thinking of that! We always planned to get a second dog when Ozzy is older, but I couldn't imagine it rn. I don't want our relationship to change. But at the same time, I think he'd enjoy a friend around. Right now, I make myself like a dog so he learns to play lol!

·
Banned
385 Posts
You must be a travel queen. That's pretty cool sounding, Moaning Cavern. I would like to do that!

I forgot I did zip lining too. I guess that's how you conquer your fears! But I was determined to prove something to myself haha.
None of this conquered my fear, but it did teach me what my true fear is: trust. Fear of heights - really fear that someone purposely or accidentally will push me off. Claustrophobia - really fear that someone will lock me in.

With zipline, I had no control of my speed or movements. I didn't like that and couldn't get past it. With the rappel, I controlled how fast or slow I went, if I stopped, etc. And by the time I got through the hole in the ground to the open cavern, I was so focused on the rules (feet level with your butt, always one hand on the rope, etc) that I had relaxed enough to deal with the height.

Not much Travel here. Mostly Ontario, Canada. Niagara Falls is my Shangri-la. China was a "friend going wanna come" trip that I went on to get away from work - but it ended up being an amazing trip.

·
Banned
385 Posts
I have had two dogs for years now because the dogs wanted it. Moose-dog hated being an only dog. If Bat-dog hadn't gotten ill, I planned on having just her when Moose-dog went. She would NOT have approved of another dog.

After getting Cat-dog, I realized how a lot of her behaviors were connected to having puppies and then having them taken away. So Tornado-dog was her chance to fully raise a puppy.

But in all cases, I would not have gotten a second if I wasn't fully comfortable with the responsibility and extra work.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
But in all cases, I would not have gotten a second if I wasn't fully comfortable with the responsibility and extra work.
This^ I bring him everywhere, like pet stores, drivethrus, we go for lots of walks ect. Actually I guess the hardest part would be training them both to walk nicely and be accustomed to visiting stores and stuff. We used to have 2 dogs, but that was before I got hurt. Nah, I think I can do it! Don't worry, we will wait until Ozzy is an adult dog, so i'm not dealing with two puppies.....

TY,,,and then she grew up..LOL
View attachment 250671
They are soooooo gorgeous! I bet they keep you on your toes!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had to stop bringing any of mine anywhere when covid set in. :mad: In fact, none of them have been anywhere except the vet in over 1.5 yrs. (Zipper the Mini Aussie got his boosters at the vet last month but I still had to have him picked up in the parking lot. He did much better than I expected.)

Last August, The Golden needed her rabies/parvo booster, and I decided to spend the money for a mobile vet, to avoid the parking lot ordeal at the vet. The vet came into the garage and I brought the Golden (Beanz) out to meet her. At first she froze having not seen another human since puppyhood. Then she did the golden "scoot" to have some fun with the vet.
She was so excited that she peed on the lady's shoes as she got the jabs..It was pretty funny to watch.

Just trying to separate them is a chore and a half, and they are too much to handle in a pack.

Their favorite game has been trying to knock me over and then piling on top of me to lick my face.
At my age, going down is way easier than getting up. LOL
Golden weighs 60lbs
Mini Aussie weighs 45 lbs
Border Collie/Lab (OhGee, or OG ;) for short) x weighs 47 lbs.

·
Banned
385 Posts
I had five at one time. One small, the others 50lbs and up. It was impossible to go out with them. And I hated that I always had to leave them home. So I will never do more than two again. I can manage two, even if they haven't worked out walking together yet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Funny dog stuff? It’s my chance to SHIIIIINNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Aw dang it, I can’t upload memes! :(

41 - 60 of 75 Posts