Dog Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are the best 'anti-depressant'!
Our senior boy Joseph is quite the talker, always has been. When it is close to meal time he likes to remind me - sits and stares at me, if I ignore him, then gives a whine, then I look at him, and he gives me this 'starving dog' face while looking at me and then at the bin where the food is kept and then back to me. If I don't move, then he starts 'groaning', followed by a soft 'woof' - being very polite about it. When it is 'finally' meal time - he watches intently as I put the food in the bowls for him and Cache, trying not to drool - too much. As soon as I pick up the bowls and goes and sits in the spot where he is always fed and waits politely for dinner to be served.
When we have to go somewhere and the dogs are staying home, I don't have to say anything to him, he watches while we get ready, hoping he is coming but as soon as I pick up my purse, his head drops knowing he is staying home and he goes off to the bedroom and closes the door behind himself. There has been a few times when he has (seemingly) 'slammed' the door like a child in a huff.

Cache is so funny to watch, he likes to try to protect his 'air space' - keep his yard 'bird free'. The birds never disappoint him, swooping from one side of the yard to the other, with Cache giving chase right behind them. He also learned that if they have gathered in the hedge, he can 'shake them loose' by jumping up and 'bouncing' off the bushes, and as soon as they take off, the chase is on!
View attachment 249865

They truly do help to make every day a good day!!
So cute and clever!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Adorable! I love puppies playing. My pup definitely does the running away and then running back to the toy thing. That's a really good video!

Reactions: Schnauzaluv

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
He loves to rip up flyers and pieces of recycling that I give him. He hears the mailman, jumps on the sofa to look out the window, gives a few barks as the mailman leaves the driveway. Then he rushes to the front door and sits in front patiently "telling" me to get the mail. He stays seated there while I step out to get it, waiting for me to grab a sheet of flyer for him to rip up lol.

We got a delivery today, we have our own professional unboxer lol!
He gets the tape adhesive stuck to his beard lol 😂

·
Banned
385 Posts
Tornado-dog has learned "leave it" and has been really good about it.

He loves to play and will throw his toys and chews around the room chasing after them. His play is usually rambunctious but not crazy.

Lately, he he has taken to throwing himself under the couch and going crazy. He's scrambling and poking and pulling out and going back under. Today he back out into the coffee table and knocked over my big glass filled with water.

It's been a bit frustrating that he seems to be going crazy nuts with energy like this - well above what his usual high energy has been.

Well, it seems I owe him and apology. He is not the cause of all this.
It appears that the younger cat, Looney2, has opened a spot in the dust fabric on the underneath of the couch. He climbs up in there and then pokes his foot out at Tornado-dog when he comes near the couch. This causes Tornado-dog to throw hiself under the couch to try and reach Looney2, but Looney2 goes back up into the couch innards where the dog can't.

Just as I'm writing this, Tornado-dog was sleeping on the couch. When a poke at him from the back of the couch and a "cat nail popping out of fabric" sound happened, he jumped up.

This darn cat is egging the dog on. Looney1 is really good and is very clearly communicates with Tornado-dog. He swats the dog when the dog tries to roughhouse with him, and he rubs against him when the dog is calm and gentle. Tornado-dog gets this and has been adapting to it.

But Looney2 is not only roughhousing with Tornado-dog, he's initiating the roughhousing. And he doesn't stop when I get Tornado-dog to stop. Looney2 just starts up the whole game all over again.

I think I let Looney2 watch too many Nature episodes when he was young. He seems to think he's a mighty lion hunting an elephant AND he thinks he will WIN against the lion.

(No worries, the cats are confined upstairs if I'm out and the dogs are home - so they are safely separated when I can't supervise.)

·
Administrator
1,202 Posts
Proof! Dogs really are heavenly beings. 😇🤣😂🤣

Explanation:
I caught Honey sunbathing on the stairs and grabbed my phone. This wasn’t the pic I expected, never mind intended, but I can’t bring myself to edit it. Oh well, maybe next time I’ll catch her simply sunbathing.

·
Administrator
1,202 Posts
So cool! Do you have a sky light?
Not quite, but the window through which the sun is shining is so high up it might as well be. :) I can't reach it without a stair ladder - and I'm scared of ladders.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
K I figured either sky light or high up window.

I used to be terrified of heights, somehow I was at the top of my latter reaching upwards and prunning trees two days ago. I wonder if you can actually conquer your fears?

·
Banned
385 Posts
One of my few peaceful moments... The twins, Looney1 and Tornado-dog, this morning.

Tornado-dog was doing his "let me shrink into the smallest footprint I can" pose. He's over twice long normally.

The face in the background is a photo of my last cat as a baby. He actually fell asleep one time while biting my finger - I had to pry his mouth open to get my finger out without being tooth-scratched.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts