Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
They are the best 'anti-depressant'!
Our senior boy Joseph is quite the talker, always has been. When it is close to meal time he likes to remind me - sits and stares at me, if I ignore him, then gives a whine, then I look at him, and he gives me this 'starving dog' face while looking at me and then at the bin where the food is kept and then back to me. If I don't move, then he starts 'groaning', followed by a soft 'woof' - being very polite about it. When it is 'finally' meal time - he watches intently as I put the food in the bowls for him and Cache, trying not to drool - too much. As soon as I pick up the bowls and goes and sits in the spot where he is always fed and waits politely for dinner to be served.
When we have to go somewhere and the dogs are staying home, I don't have to say anything to him, he watches while we get ready, hoping he is coming but as soon as I pick up my purse, his head drops knowing he is staying home and he goes off to the bedroom and closes the door behind himself. There has been a few times when he has (seemingly) 'slammed' the door like a child in a huff.

Cache is so funny to watch, he likes to try to protect his 'air space' - keep his yard 'bird free'. The birds never disappoint him, swooping from one side of the yard to the other, with Cache giving chase right behind them. He also learned that if they have gathered in the hedge, he can 'shake them loose' by jumping up and 'bouncing' off the bushes, and as soon as they take off, the chase is on!

They truly do help to make every day a good day!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just a story here. I had an Aussie (Tess) that you'd swear was part retriever some days. One morning, my dad is running around like a madman trying to find a prop for his Sunday school class. He can't find it anywhere, and is muttering "Where's my strawberry?". Tess has been following at his heels the entire time, and well, she had his strawberry the entire tme.

She would also roll tennis balls under the bathroom door while you were in there.

·
Administrator
1,210 Posts
We have a few short stories regarding Max (proper Heinz 57 variety type, as per pic)

Max was a family dog - we adopted him as a family when I was 20.

Anyway, one of my bro's favourite stories is when he was taking Max for a walk one afternoon. We lived at the top of a steep bank, and bro had kicked the ball for him down the bank. Max ran after it, slipped on the ice, did a forward roll, and, got back to his feet and carried on running after the ball, completely fine. :)

One of my favourites about him was when he was asleep on the edge of my bed (yes, you know where this is going). Sure enough, he fell off. Picked himself up and looked around him, cat like, as if to say "did anyone see that? No one saw that, right?" :D

Then there was the time when Milly was asleep by the fire after her spay. Max was lying at my feet, when Mill farted. Max did a slow head turn in her direction as if to say "was that you? You dirty bint!" :D

Milly: My favourite one with Mill was the time I was walking her and Max one sunny summer's evening. It was about 7pm and I was walking them before going out for the evening with family. Both were off leash, Max doing a voluntary heel (he had the ability to look at you like you were the single most important person in the world and that he'd pledge undying loyalty to you if you had treats. Until someone else had better treats on them :rolleyes: But he sure made you look look impressive as a dog handler in between :LOL: ).

Anyway, Mill was behind a bush. She's a lurcher, so she'd have no problem catching us up. :cool: In the opposite direction were two blokes, minding their own business and chatting between themselves, completely oblivious. I moved to the side of the pavement closest to Mill and counted down, 3... 2... The men passed us on two. 1!

Milly burst out from behind the bush at full speed, pounding the grass as she sprinted towards me and Max. I didn't have to turn back to know the men had stopped and did a double take. One asked the other "What was that?!" :LOL:

Trying not to burst out laughing, in my head I said, "That's my girl!". Milly slowed, stopped, turned and trotted back to me.

Who? Me?!

Trying to think of funny stories about Honey. . .

·
Registered
801 Posts
We have a few short stories regarding Max (proper Heinz 57 variety type, as per pic)
View attachment 249873

Max was a family dog - we adopted him as a family when I was 20.

Anyway, one of my bro's favourite stories is when he was taking Max for a walk one afternoon. We lived at the top of a steep bank, and bro had kicked the ball for him down the bank. Max ran after it, slipped on the ice, did a forward roll, and, got back to his feet and carried on running after the ball, completely fine. :)

One of my favourites about him was when he was asleep on the edge of my bed (yes, you know where this is going). Sure enough, he fell off. Picked himself up and looked around him, cat like, as if to say "did anyone see that? No one saw that, right?" :D

Then there was the time when Milly was asleep by the fire after her spay. Max was lying at my feet, when Mill farted. Max did a slow head turn in her direction as if to say "was that you? You dirty bint!" :D

Milly: My favourite one with Mill was the time I was walking her and Max one sunny summer's evening. It was about 7pm and I was walking them before going out for the evening with family. Both were off leash, Max doing a voluntary heel (he had the ability to look at you like you were the single most important person in the world and that he'd pledge undying loyalty to you if you had treats. Until someone else had better treats on them :rolleyes: But he sure made you look look impressive as a dog handler in between :LOL: ).

Anyway, Mill was behind a bush. She's a lurcher, so she'd have no problem catching us up. :cool: In the opposite direction were two blokes, minding their own business and chatting between themselves, completely oblivious. I moved to the side of the pavement closest to Mill and counted down, 3... 2... The men passed us on two. 1!

Milly burst out from behind the bush at full speed, pounding the grass as she sprinted towards me and Max. I didn't have to turn back to know the men had stopped and did a double take. One asked the other "What was that?!" :LOL:

Trying not to burst out laughing, in my head I said, "That's my girl!". Milly slowed, stopped, turned and trotted back to me.

Who? Me?!
View attachment 249874

Trying to think of funny stories about Honey. . .

·
Registered
52 Posts
That' so funny.
One time, my pup Chaga was just learning to do his business with his leg up, and he was going on a tomato cage, and he got his toe nail scraped against it and he jumped back, and turned around and looked at it with his tail between his legs as if to say "Did you just growl at me?" Then he had to go over and sniff it, and then did the play bow. LOL he wanted it to have growled at him so that he could make a big deal about it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Of course there are always those with less than honorable intentions! :LOL:

OMG that is hilarious. Is that a GIF? That dog is a really good peeing acrobatic.

Reactions: Buzzu2
1 - 20 of 75 Posts