Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're starting to organize this year's fundraiser and wondering of you guys can help me come up with some ideas. The theme is kind of like an award show for the rescue dogs...something along the lines of The Oscar Award Show (we had a rescue come through with the name Oscar) or the Golden Bone Awards, etc. Anyways, we're going to have different categories for the rescues. So far we have best rescue video, best cuddler.

Dogs will not be at the fundraiser since it's at a restaurant but submissions will be made online by a due date.

What categories would you want to see at an event like this? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
What about the best friend award? You could have people submit stories of either a dog and their human best friend or stories of a pair of dogs that are best friends. Hope this helped!

Reactions: timber

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Is it actually called The Golden Bone or is that just an idea? If it's just an idea I think "The Rovers" might be a good idea too because it sounds similar to Oscars.

I have lots of ideas on what categories you can have! There could be best kisser, fastest tail wagger/best wiggle butt, most athletic, best ears, (could be floppy, really big, really fluffy), best tail (could be long, curly, silly looking), cutest, prettiest, most unique looking/unique mix, best hair/coat, smallest, biggest, best tricks/most talented, funniest, overcome the most (for abuse victims or dogs with medical issues), most popular/personable (for really dog friendly dogs), most friendly to people. Or you could just make it "friendliest" in general for dogs that are really friendly to both people, dogs and other animals. Hope I didn't overload you but I love stuff like this and wasn't sure how many you needed. :)

I like the best friends idea too, and like Molly said is this for dogs for adoption or who have been adopted?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this based on dogs at a shelter waiting to be adopted or is this people who have already adopted their rescues?
It for both foster dogs and adopted dogs through our rescue.

Is it actually called The Golden Bone or is that just an idea? If it's just an idea I think "The Rovers" might be a good idea too because it sounds similar to Oscars.
I like The Golden Bone Awards but the other ladies like The Oscar Awards, but it's too similar to the actual Oscars. They like it because we had a dog come through named Oscar, but I don't really like it for a general dog award fundraiser.

Thanks for the good ideas. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts