Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those who don´t know I have a (roughly) 4kg Yorkshire Terrier. He is a family dog and at the moment me and my mother disagree whether he is getting a little thick :eyeroll:

My mum overfeeds because he used to be very underweight and refused to eat so there is a bit of overcompensation going on.

Plus being so small one extra treat is overfeeding, they really need so little and putting the correct portion into the bowl really looks like we are starving him :rolleyes:

I will keep pressing my mum but last time with the cat she needed to hear the vet tell her to make him lose weight. Luckily our vet is not shy about telling hard truths.

He´s not too bad right now maybe a little over ideal but in a yorkie that could be just 200 grams.

Im trying to think of low calorie healthy fillers for kongs, I eat a lot of cottage cheese is that ok?

Im worried that if its frozen could his tongue get stuck to it? :ponder:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
So for those who don´t know I have a (roughly) 4kg Yorkshire Terrier. He is a family dog and at the moment me and my mother disagree whether he is getting a little thick :eyeroll:

My mum overfeeds because he used to be very underweight and refused to eat so there is a bit of overcompensation going on.

Plus being so small one extra treat is overfeeding, they really need so little and putting the correct portion into the bowl really looks like we are starving him :rolleyes:

I will keep pressing my mum but last time with the cat she needed to hear the vet tell her to make him lose weight. Luckily our vet is not shy about telling hard truths.

He´s not too bad right now maybe a little over ideal but in a yorkie that could be just 200 grams.

Im trying to think of low calorie healthy fillers for kongs, I eat a lot of cottage cheese is that ok?

Im worried that if its frozen could his tongue get stuck to it? :ponder:
I used to give frozen chicken broth for Levi, I don't think his tongue ever got stuck. :)

Reactions: spotsonofbun
1 - 2 of 2 Posts