Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That's definitely a big step to take on a epileptic previously outdoor dog as your first dog. But I think its awesome that you are :).
I agree with a lot of what Chas said. The other thing I want to point out is that because he was an outside dog there's a good chance that he isn't house trained. I think investing in a crate and crate training him might be a good idea and very helpful in your case.
As for your questions, yes it is fine sleeping with the lights off. As for the other two, those just depend on the dog. Some get into things, some are more likely maybe stealers and chewers some not at all. Just make sure your vary good at supervising him to make sure he doesn't get into anything. Having a variety of toys to play with will also help give him something to do.
Basically I think for now, just don't expect to much of him and take it slow. Some dogs adjust quickly and really well, others take a little longer.
As for the pills, I know they sell pill pockets at the petsore. Maybe he would be more willing to take his pills in those.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.