Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Breaks my heart to hear stuff like this, how can anyone do that to an animal. So glad you found her.

Dare I say some dachshund? Can't see the whole body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breaks my heart to hear stuff like this, how can anyone do that to an animal. So glad you found her.

Dare I say some dachshund? Can't see the whole body.
Quite a few are saying that. She seems tall to have much dachshund in her though.

Here's my attempt at getting a good side pic.. she's got a lot of energy.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
140 Posts
10 weeks old and already 12 lbs makes me think she is going to be relatively large. She's not a daushund, that's for sure.

To be completely honest, I bet she's a real mutt, through and through. She probably doesn't have a purebred ancestor until pretty far back in her lineage. You'll know more once you get an idea of temperment, but based on looks alone, I would tentatively guess some sort of hunting dog (pointer, ridgeback mix).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't believe someone would dump a cutie like her. Thank god there are people like you out there who are willing to offer these poor animals a better life! You're amazing!

·
Registered
176 Posts
What a cutie!

Those paws are pretty big for a little 10 week pup. I'm going to guess she will be pretty big too!

I do see the Dachshund in there, but she looks like a big mix of a lot of breeds really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a cutie!

Those paws are pretty big for a little 10 week pup. I'm going to guess she will be pretty big too!

I do see the Dachshund in there, but she looks like a big mix of a lot of breeds really.
Most of the adult size calculators I put her into have her topping out at about 25 lbs, considering her weight now. I don't know how accurate those are for mutts though. Plus we don't actually know how old she is,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a small update on how she's growing. I think I overestimated her weight a bit in my first post, according to the vet she was more like 9lbs at that point. Now she's about 15lbs and a few inches taller. Her ears are also doing all sorts of weird things and the hair is growing back in on her shoulders and as you can see there's quite a bit of black. I think it's safe to throw the idea of her having any noticeable trace of dachshund out the window at this point but others may disagree.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm so happy that a cutie like that found some one to love and take care of them. Who would put a puppy in a dumpster I just don't get it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
She looks like a dachsie mix to me. She's clearly not purebred so you can't expect her to posses every single quality of a dachshund. Another thing to remember is that dachshund come in a variety of different sizes from mini to standard. Most people only think of the minis when they think of dachshunds, but standards are huge by comparison; they're definitely a lot bigger in person then they are in my head.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She looks like a dachsie mix to me. She's clearly not purebred so you can't expect her to posses every single quality of a dachshund. Another thing to remember is that dachshund come in a variety of different sizes from mini to standard. Most people only think of the minis when they think of dachshunds, but standards are huge by comparison; they're definitely a lot bigger in person then they are in my head.
A tall dachshund with long legs and a normal sized body? Standards are like 11 inches tall fully grown, and she's already well past that and is likely going to be twice that size. Her muzzle is also short and somewhat broad with a larger drop. Her paws are also nothing like any dachshund I've ever seen. I just have absolutely no clue where the people who say dachshund are getting that idea. If she has it in her she certainly didn't get any of the physical features or the temperament.

·
Registered
502 Posts
She is so cute! She looks like she probably has a black and tan breed in there somewhere, that's often how those mixes turn out color wise. I could also see perhaps some boxer? There's something I'm seeing that I can't put my finger on.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Reactions: brnewman

·
Registered
299 Posts
whatever she is....she looks far happier and less aprehensive now that is for sure! Shes a dog mom.....a pure dog. Her dad was a dog...her mom was a dog.....tee hee.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.