Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 4 month old Wheaten terrier is 6 days post op from being neutered. All of a sudden this evening, he is urinating every 30 minutes at most in a large amount and is not making much of an attempt to go to the front door where we usually take him out. He did just finish his pain killers and sedative yesterday. Is this normal? Usually he will have maybe 1-2 accidents a week in the house. I called the vet and they don’t think it’s related to the surgery, but I’m not so sure. Thank you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Although this has never happened with any of my puppies, I've had friends who have had the same experience as you, it usually got better within the 2 week recovery period and if it doesn't then you will need to check in with your vet!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I would at least call your Vet and let him or her decide how normal it is, or if he needs to be seen by your Vet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Frequent urination can be an after-effect of the neuter procedure, resulting from the rapid change in hormone levels. It's most common in females following spay surgery, but can happen in male dogs as well.

If it doesn't resolve itself in a few days, then you should call your vet and have him checked for a UTI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts