Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member of this forum as of five minutes ago. I have two dogs, both getting on in age (like me...) My gorgeous Golden Retriever will be 10 this year and my Coton de Tulear is now twelve years old.

I am noticing that my Coton seems to be pooping much more frequently than in the past. Does anyone know if this is a common feature of aging dogs or of the breed? Consistency of the stools is normal, she just seems to go A LOT.

She is given ample opportunities to go out but still occasionally wakes me in the night needing to go out and more occasionally is leaving, um, deposits :eyeroll: in the house. At least a couple of times a week.

One possibility I have considered, of course, is food, but she (and her golden sister) have been eating the same food for years so I'm not sure it is related. They've been on Purina weight management kibble (for the golden) and Wellness canned food. They also frequently get diced cooked chicken instead of canned food (my husband spoils them;))

Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on this behavior. We travel frequently and it is a bit awkward asking house sitters to deal with this. I am just wondering if she is being a stubborn Coton or if perhaps it is just something that goes along with having an aging dog.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Considering the dog's age I would recommend a check up. I'm going to assume it is just age and not being able to "hold it in" as long, but it's best the doctor check just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts