Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that french bulldogs couldnt...well...they couldnt mate without being artificially insemenated. I dont think I spelt that right :/
Well I was searching the internet and saw an add for french bulldog beagle mixes. Is this possible?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I think its that they cannot have puppies naturally

French Bulldog breeders charge $1000 to $1500 to cover their costs of artificial insemination (because many French Bulldogs can't mate without assistance) and C-sections

there is something I just found

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Oh trust me they CAN mate...there was a frenchie that was a serial humper at the dog park and he could reach just fine...LOL Iam sure the shorter the legs the more human intervention is needed.

but yeah, they need c sections to be born, thats why the puppies are so expensive. Big heads :p

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I didnt think I worded that correctly lol. Its just I was watching Dogs101 and it said they couldnt breed without being artificially insemenated and when I saw the ad for french bulldog mixes, I didnt think that was possible unless it was on purpose to produce a designer dog.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
WHAT?!?!? OMG I had no idea!!

OK that's when you know you've bred them way to much into an unnatural breed-when the cannot mate and give birth naturally!! OMG

Defintely learned something new today :)

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
this is true of english bulldogs as well. an aquaintance of mine worked at a clinic that specialized in bulldog c-sections....and the nasal passage surgery too....not all breeders use artificial insemination, but i'd be surprised to find even a byb that didn't do a c-section....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.