Dog Forum banner

Frankie (Boxsky)

875 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DreRocha 
#1 ·
Hi so this is my first time posting, I am having a lot of trouble with my 6 month old he is sweet boy but when I walk him he bites me really hard I can tell he wants to play because he wags his tail. I tried sitting down with him and holding him until he calms down but the minute I let him go he won’t stop. I don’t know what else to do. He has it all at home so I’m not sure why he acts like that. Any advice? Please take in mind that he comes from two very strong breeds boxer and husky so his very hard to train.

#2 ·
Is this as soon as you leave the house? I know you said he is hard to train but I'd ask for a good sit when he starts, then a down, and walk on only when he is calm.

I don't see either of the breeds in him as particularly hard to train, not massively more than many other breeds. Does he like his food? If so, you have a really powerful tool at your disposal. I'd start with a sit in the house, where there are no distractions, and reward him so well for it that it becomes a far better option for him than mouthing you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.