Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We already have a border collie who is of course high energy he is also very large for a border collie ...55lbs at 7months ....I wanted something smaller...but yet fiesty enough to handle him... Found these 2 rat terriers...they seem to be perfect...not too big not too small and plenty of energy.Will be picking up these 2 sweeties on Friday

I can't wait...name suggestions anyone??

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up until a week ago we had to Foster pups...Trigger loved them....I dont know who hated to see them go more us or Trigger...he has been sulking since they left and that is what prompted us to look for at first one puppy....then we found these two ...last of their litter...we have talked to the owner extensively...he said if we fi d it didn't work he would take them back....I am home all day so supervision is not an issue...I have been walking and running 3 pups for 2months now so as well as individual training..it is a lot if you are trying g to do this around a work schedule but I am home and I absolutely love it!!

.1 Normal. --------------- Xena
1.Mojave - --------------------Zeus
.1 Butter-------------------------Rose

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK I am reading on that now...from what I am seeing...they need to have a lot of separate time...not sleep together nor eat nor train nor walk...which was my plan anyway.Training goes better when it's one on one.Now I may decide to do just one...will see when I get there and see how both of these little ones personalities are and I do have the option to bring one or both back...not that I plan to...but if I find it's really too much I will do what is in the best Interest of the puppies first and foremost.Also these are males not females...not sure if that's better or worse...both will be fixed. I have no desire to breed. I want them to be part of the family. I want them to be able to spend time together but not NEED to.I will do everything possible to train them so that they are all 3 happy and well adjusted babies.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One sounds like a really good plan. You're already going to have your hands full with a young BC and a young Rattie. I couldn't even imagine another rattie on top of it.

Do you do any sports with your dogs? I know both breeds are very popular in agility.
We already already have an ability course out at my father in laws house for Trigger....they have 10 acres of land there we both run with him regularly so now it may go to I run one he runs the other. And like I said we will see after we have this one for some time if we really want another...we may not.Yes I am home and... I also have snakes too....yes I know...I am slightly insane....but 3 of the snakes we're rescues one was burned pretty badly and the other two we're on the verge of being tossed outside

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really it was the littermaye syndrome that made me decide to only get one.I want this little one to be my baby. After reading about littermate syndrome I really felt it would be best for both us and the puppy and Trigger to go with just one right now.yes I could have kept them seperate but that kind of defeats the purpose of getting two....I want them.to be able to.play together... but I.don't want them.to NEED to be together.so.for now...
One it is .who knows what will happen later down the line....I may get a second.one

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
He may be a mix...on the dads side....mom was 100% rattle...the say the dad was even smaller but did not below g to them

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

And him Sleeping.....I did go and search out some other rat terrier pup pics and his ears look pretty much the same and to me...not any expert by any means...his earls look the same as those....but if he isn't full rat...that is fine...I never had any I tention of breeding or showing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.