Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
9,179 Posts
Man that is a LOT of dog for 1 house. Have you ever had siblings before? I know you said you had fosters just recently, but the problem with fosters is that you have them for a limited time and then they move on. Siblings, when left to grow up with each other, can be fine in the beginning, and down the road develop problems, especially 2 females, and especially rat terriers. I would do a TON of research on Littermate Syndrome. If you are bond and determined to take both puppies, then it is going to require a lot of work from you to make sure there are no issues down the road.

As far as names, I am guessing they are both females. Do you want the names to be similar?
Willow and Maple?
Lilly and Petunia?
Something like that?

· Premium Member
9,179 Posts
One sounds like a really good plan. You're already going to have your hands full with a young BC and a young Rattie. I couldn't even imagine another rattie on top of it.

Do you do any sports with your dogs? I know both breeds are very popular in agility.

· Premium Member
9,179 Posts
Yes I am doing agility with Trigger....have been since he was about 3 months old

I'm guessing not full agility. You really aren't suppose to do full obstacles until they are over a year and their growth plates have closed in order to prevent future injury. Just a thought.

So glad you decided on just getting the one puppy. I think you will find that you have a much better bond with the one puppy when you aren't having to split your attention.

Also, now that you explained the snakes, your signature makes sense. Lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.