Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Oh my gosh, three puppies under a year.

I have an Aussie (who is also high energy) and I brought home my Border Collie puppy when my Aussie was 10 months old. I love my both my dogs very much, but I regret getting her so early. I really wish I would have waited until the Aussie was closer to 3 years old.

Some of my daily challenges include training, bonding time, and house training. Some of it has to be done individually (like loose leash walking), which means all of my training sessions take much longer. I also have to make sure each dog gets one on one time with me, and I really try to isolate them from each other so they don't over-bond. That will be more difficult for you since you are getting two puppies the same age, from the same litter.

I am home all day, every day with them, and am studying to become a dog trainer. I feel as though I am more prepared than the average owner, and I would not get three dogs under a year in the same house.

Reactions: KayWilson

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
We already already have an ability course out at my father in laws house for Trigger....they have 10 acres of land there we both run with him regularly so now it may go to I run one he runs the other. And like I said we will see after we have this one for some time if we really want another...we may not.Yes I am home and... I also have snakes too....yes I know...I am slightly insane....but 3 of the snakes we're rescues one was burned pretty badly and the other two we're on the verge of being tossed outside

.1 Normal. --------------- Xena
1.Mojave - --------------------Zeus
.1 Butter-------------------------Rose
Sorry if I misunderstand, but are you currently doing agility with Trigger? Jumps, weave poles etc?

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Yes I am doing agility with Trigger....have been since he was about 3 months old

.1 Normal. --------------- Xena
1.Mojave - --------------------Zeus
.1 Butter-------------------------Rose
Paging @jclark343, @Laurelin and @agilityk9trainer for some more knowledge, as they all compete with their dogs.

You can correct me if I've misunderstood, but have you been doing all the equipment since he was young? If you have, I feel like I should tell you it can be quite detrimental to your dog's health to be doing equipment that young, particularly with growth plates and potential soft tissue damage.

Foundation work (especially on the flat) can be done pretty early, as can tunnels, and maybe baby equipment like wobble boards. Is this what you meant when you said you started him at 3 months?

Reactions: jclark343

· Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Are you sure that's a rat terrier puppy? It just doesn't look like a rat terrier at all to me. Maybe a mix with something larger but it just is too large looking and the large floppy ears aren't very rattie either.
I was also surprised by the ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.