Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dog forum! I haven't been here in awhile, life has been busy.

Today, a stray dog was wondering around town. It was following random people, when it came near my yard and I saw that it was loose, I put my dog (Chester) inside. I went over to the dog whom had been following my friends. The dog had no tags or anything. No ear tattoo either. It had so many ticks. We got a spare leash and collar on it. I tried calling the dog shelter and animal control. No one answered, because it's the weekend.

I had to decide where to keep this dog for tonight.. It's bad with other animals I noted; barks like crazy and jumps at Chester. When I tried to take it inside it went in, but once it was in, it was afraid to walk any where. It's obviously not used to being indoors.. Also I don't think it's ever been on a leash before. The only thing that might indicate if it's someones dog, is that it is really friendly with humans. I opted to keep the dog in the garage since she was not as scared in the garage, and also since this dog does not get along with other animals.

I fed her some food, and she ate only a small amount. I figured she would be hungry, but I guess not.

I guess she will stay here tonight, and tomorrow I will try to contact animal control again. I find this all quite odd. What do you all think of this situation?

·
Registered
100 Posts
You could try taking it to the vet to have it scanned for a microchip. The dog may have been owned by humans and just kept outside, thus being unfamiliar with the inside of a house, also with new surroundings and being closed in, the dog may feel more nervous. Or the dog is just a very friendly stray that learned people will give handouts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could try taking it to the vet to have it scanned for a microchip. The dog may have been owned by humans and just kept outside, thus being unfamiliar with the inside of a house, also with new surroundings and being closed in, the dog may feel more nervous. Or the dog is just a very friendly stray that learned people will give handouts.
We live in a small town and so I know all the dogs here. There are normally no stray dogs around. Since it has so many ticks and by the way it acts, I'm guessing that it wondered from one of the country farms. I couldn't just let the dog wonder the street like that. Tomorrow when the vet is open I might take him to the vet. Although I highly doubt it has a microchip. I bet it's never seen a vet in its life.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I was finally able to get an answer from animal control and they will be picking up the dog this afternoon.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Take a picture and post a few "FOUND" flyers with info on where he is just in case someone is looking for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts