Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Looks like a little poodle, has a collar, so it's someones pet.
Take to the vet and see if it is chipped. If not take out the ads, and post fliers.
If no owner, are you going to keep the poor wayward pup?
Also check with you local rescue groups to see if an inquiry has been made.
Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You found it a month ago and this is the first time you're putting up signs?

I agree that it looks like a poodle mix - Poodle/Maltese, maybe. Definitely take it to a vet/shelter so they can scan for a chip. Was there contact information on the tag?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Take the dog to the vet...put signs where you found him/her, at all local vet clinics, and the shelter.

I can't believe you had this dog a month before you bothered to look. If it were my dog (who is microchipped), I would be furious. Did you just think you'd keep it til it got on your nerves?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Take the dog to the vet...put signs where you found him/her, at all local vet clinics, and the shelter.

I can't believe you had this dog a month before you bothered to look. If it were my dog (who is microchipped), I would be furious. Did you just think you'd keep it til it got on your nerves?
While the OP may have had this dog for a month, we don't know what they've been doing for that month. They very well could have been looking and posting flyers, but since they didn't know what the breed was the original methods of looking may not have been as successful.

It's unfair to judge them without knowing anything about the situation other than they are looking for it's original owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone for your responses. And thank you Aussieguru for your kind comments. Never fails, whenever I post anything online I get attacked. I could post that I just solved world hunger and people would complain about why it took so long. Unbelievable. And for the person (marbear) who claimed I kept it until it got on my nerves, I'm an animal lover (couple of dogs, a horse, chickens and rabbits) - so don't go judging me.

Anyways, that's neither here nor there. Thanks again everyone for helping me identify the breed. Hopefully we'll find the rightful owner.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No I just asked if you did.

When you say you are "going to" post posters and have already had the dog for a month, don't expect a pat on the back. If it were my dog, I'd be devastated. Think from their perspective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts