Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been quite a while, but once again puppies have arrived!

These seven little darlings, (5 boys, 2 girls) are being held back for my shelter's upcoming Barktoberfest. Since they are going to a fall event, we have given each a fall related name. These guys will be 6 weeks old this Saturday. They are Shar pei/shepherd/lab? mixes, they almost look like they may have GP in them somewhere as well. Hard to say for sure since they are all so different, but their mom is a Shar Pei mix. I am open to guesses!

Apple, Female

Berry, Male

Hunter, Male

Oliver, Male

Pumpkin, Male

Spice, Female

Woody, Male

Save

·
Registered
712 Posts
OMG IM DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...they are SOOOOOO adorable!!!! I WANT ALL OF THEM!!!! Woody, Pumpkin, Berry and Apple are my top faves.

That's it...I'm buying a plane ticket and I'm going to Barktoberfest!!! *sigh..I WISH*...

I'm so excited to read all your updates on them!!! Thanks for making my Friday! :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG IM DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...they are SOOOOOO adorable!!!! I WANT ALL OF THEM!!!! Woody, Pumpkin, Berry and Apple are my top faves.

That's it...I'm buying a plane ticket and I'm going to Barktoberfest!!! *sigh..I WISH*...

I'm so excited to read all your updates on them!!! Thanks for making my Friday! :)
I read this and laughed! Thank YOU for making my day with this comment. Look forward to sharing their adventures with everyone. They are the cutest little fluffballs, ever. :D Oh, and check out the videos above, I think you'll find them quite enjoyable. ;)

Save

Reactions: yoshiposhi

·
Registered
712 Posts
hahaha guess I won't be doing any work today! Thank you for sharing these videos!!! I'm trying so hard not to squeal with delight at my desk right now! (My office is VERRRRRRYYYY quiet lol)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I may have to steal them all :p there so adorable and I love the names. I hope all goes well and they all find homes during the Barktoberfest.

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Ohhh so adorable! I want Berry, I think he stole my heart playing keep away with that leaf.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are all enjoying life to the fullest. I have begun to introduce items that they will most likely run into later in life, (last night's item was an umbrella) and so far they are doing great, a bit timid at first, but they recover fairly quick and are ready to play with it in short order. They are also learning to sit politely for attention and their meals, I love watching them figure things out. Puppies, even when just a few weeks old, can learn an amazing amount of behaviors they need to be well adjusted dogs. In other news, along with being great with the puppies, Cody is also mastering the act of being a good, quiet boy when crated. He is currently sleeping in there now and even though this is only his third time in there, he has already learned that sleeping is what a crate is for, he's a very intelligent youngster!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They are just precious! The names you have given them are perfect!!!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
NOTE TO SELF - STOP CLICKING ON POSTS BY @LoveMyFosters ugh I want another puppy so baaaaaaaaad. Send Oliver to me pleeeeeaase.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And for your early afternoon update, I bring you cute sleeping puppies. ;)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Happy 6 weeks old to these little ones. They have only been here four days, but I am already in love with them all. They bring a little extra sunshine into my life each and everyday, all the hard work couldn't be more worth it!

Apple:

Berry:

Hunter:

Oliver:

Pumpkin:

Spice:

Woody:

Reactions: yoshiposhi and Rain

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The puppies have been doing plenty of adventures as of late. Got some fun big toys in their outside run, got to explore the large yard, have begun to go for short walks, (I carry them and they get to see everything) around the block, begun leash training, and will begin crate training tomorrow. They have grown since we brought them home and have mastered the art of sitting for attention/food/play. They are such sweet, intelligent little ones.

Their foster brother left for his forever home today, which is kind of sad for us all, the puppies so loved playing with him as did he with them. At least he has the perfect home!

Sitting at the gate waiting to be let out to play.

Save

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The puppies have been doing plenty of adventures as of late. Got some fun big toys in their outside run, got to explore the large yard, have begun to go for short walks, (I carry them and they get to see everything) around the block, begun leash training, and will begin crate training tomorrow. They have grown since we brought them home and have mastered the art of sitting for attention/food/play. They are such sweet, intelligent little ones.

Their foster brother left for his forever home today, which is kind of sad for us all, the puppies so loved playing with him as did he with them. At least he has the perfect home!

Sitting at the gate waiting to be let out to play.
I'm sure you must get compliments all the time but I would like to add mine. I love how you make extra effort to give them good experiences and teach them. And I love that the puppies and their environment are always clean. All of that translates into a LOT of work, and I appreciate that you do that for them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts