Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lovelies!

So after another bout of icky poops and another trip to the vet, I have come to the conclusion Tux just has a sensitive tummy.

Any recommendations on food? I want to be able to get him the best, but unfortunately I am a student and therefore the budget is pretty strict. I can definitely eat more Ramen and open up more money, but I have to be realistic.

So any ideas on a decently priced (for reference I am giving him Wellness Core Puppy right now) food for pups with the sensitive bellies?

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
id go with limited ingredient diet with just one protien how much do you pay for the bag of wellness core and what size?

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I also have a dog that has a sensitive stomach. My suggestion (similar to crazy's) is to try foods that are limited ingredient, and/or grain free ones. I would also try a different protean, as it could be that his system is sensitive to a type of meat but not full blown allergic to it.

Do you have a specific price range your looking for in food?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Is the wellness working for him? If so, i would just continue with that. Sensitive tummies are not something you want to mess with, particularly a pup's.

If it's not working you could try going grain free, if not already, or a novel protein. I've heard good things about natural balance for a food trial. Other then that I would try Go! or Now Fresh foods.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Is it this one that you are feeding? Wellness CORE Grain-Free Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag If it is I'm wondering it the fat content at 18% is a bit to much for him. He may be sensitive to chicken, but he's very young for a food allergy, of he may do better with grains.

This one has duck and chicken for protein, includes grains, but is still 18% fat Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag Fromm is a decent brand and I feed my boy the grain free adult line of it.

Acana is a decent brand, it's food is All Life Stages, and this one ACANA Pork & Butternut Squash Singles Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag is a LID food that's grain free and only has 15% fat. The good thing about it is that it's likely to be ingredients that your puppy has not been exposed to so if for some reason it is a food sensitivity you can try slowly reintroducing chicken, turkey, and grains to see how he does and which he may react to.

One final thought, what treats are you using? Sometimes those are the culprit, and I've had it happen with my boy. My boy can't tolerate Orijen freeze dried treats. He'll get soft poo if I give him cheese to often, and he also can't have to much chicken.

Reactions: KayWilson and crazy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts