Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pug Ruby has had a follicular cyst on her left thigh for about 6 months. Yes, I went to the vet to have it aspirated and tested to confirm it was not something else. 2 weeks ago I started soaking it and applying coconut oil with lavender and lemongrass essential oils to the cyst which caused it to rise to the surface. I was able to take the head of the cyst off and drain it without applying any pressure to avoid the risk of it rupturing under the skin. I was boiling water and letting it cool to luke warm applying compresses to the drained area 3 times a day. I followed that with drying the area and doing a witch hazel compress then wiping with pure alcohol. I stupidly decided to use polysporin to prevent infection. There is no sign of infection, she is eating and drinking normal, playful, not in pain and the area isn't tender. But I have noticed the skin is turning a dark grey blue in that area. I would attribute this to bruising but it is too solid looking. The hair has also started to fall out. I have been reading articles that polysporin can cause hair loss and the skin can react to the petroleum jelly in the product. Does anyone have any insight that can share? I am taking her to the vet in a couple hours to have to checked out as well. As seen in attached picture the skin is her normal light pink at the very top of the hair parting.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts