Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our vet just prescribed our 3 and 1/2 month old 9 lb puppy Vethical Simpleguard 3 and Vethical Quadriguard. There are many reviews saying SimpleGuard 3 has dangerous side effects. Vethical is made by VCA, which is our vet's company. Has anyone had problems with this medication and should we use different brand?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Never heard of it. I don't use flea/tick and heartworm stuff that hasn't been around much/haven't heard anything about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vethical Simpleguard 3 is Vectra 3D

Yes I just called the company and it is made by Ceva Corporation. It is the exact same medicine as Vectra 3D. They have just branded it. Kills flea, ticks and mosquitos. It is a topical medicine which means it is not absorbed into the skin. I called as it has a warning about aged dogs. Ceva has only tested it up to 7 year old dogs. My dog is 13 years old so I am not going to use it.

My vet told me some side affects of Vectra 3D -- which I forget except it didn't appeal to me. The medicine can come off on furniture so you must keep your dog from on furniture and not touch them until it dries.

I have been using Frontline and it stopped working on fleas but my Vet says Frontline is coming out with a newer product which I am going to try.

Our vet just prescribed our 3 and 1/2 month old 9 lb puppy Vethical Simpleguard 3 and Vethical Quadriguard. There are many reviews saying SimpleGuard 3 has dangerous side effects. Vethical is made by VCA, which is our vet's company. Has anyone had problems with this medication and should we use different brand?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I think we're going to keep the heartworm medicine and switch to Frontline Plus for fleas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts