Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Okay so im having a flea problem with my short hair daschund Skittles.

I still see fleas on my dog.
Ive already got flea medication from the vet which they gave me a pill to give him and the liquid you put on the fur. Both is for 1 month. I dont think either is working.
We washed everything in the house. I still see fleas on him and he is still scratching and itching.

What else can i do for him?
What have you guys done in the past that worked for your dogs?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If the flea meds are working, you will see fewer and fewer fleas as time passes. The itching can last for quite awhile after the fleas are gone. Our dog is quite allergic to flea bites, a single bite will itch and driver her crazy for a week or more. In the past, our Vet has put her on anti itch meds to keep her from tearing herself apart.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I personally use wondercide spray. I order it from Wondercide Natural Products | As Seen on Shark Tank! | Natural Products for Pets, People and Property.

And sometimes I use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. No chemicals for me.

If chemicals are what you want to use, try something a different one than the vet gave you. I know in places Frontline has been shown not to work, but something like Advantix ll works. But use a "reputable" brand, not Hartz, Sentry or any of those. They are all toxic chemical pesticides, but some have much worse side effects than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts