Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my dogs have had problems with fleas to the point that i get anxiety. I have a 7 year old rottweiler mix who i got got from a shelter when she was 1 year old. I also have a shitzue who i pick up off the side of the road that was barely alive. I do not know her age. She gave birth to a litter of 6 and gave them away and kept 1 who is now about 8 months. I have had dogs from a young age. My dogs are like my family.
After bringing back to life my shitzsue i have been having a flea infection. My dogs live outside, i give them pet armor fast caps, bath them, treat my yard and still have a flea problem. It breaks my heart to see them scratching most of the time. I have used granduals for fleas, insecticides, spot treatments, dawn soap and still have fleas.
I give them oral flea treatments. I am to a point that i just want to take both of the small dogs to a shelter to keep me from stressing out but then i remember that someone oneday decided to use, abuse and get rid of her and i tell myself i am Not going to do to you what someone else did, abandoning her. My rottweiler mix does not show the excessive discomfort as my shitzsue and her male puppy.
My house is fenced with almost 1acre of land.
Am i using the wrong flea treatment?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Still your Vet would be your best source of what specifically you would need to use for this particular infestatiion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts