Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
He's gorgeous! Congratulations!

As for where to get supplies, you'll likely end up going to a variety of places. Don't set your heart on one place. :) It also depends where you're located. If you're in Wisconsin, for example, I'd suggest Mounds, as they are fantastic, but also super local.

Menard's (which is actually a hardware/building store :D) doesn't have a huge variety of pet supplies, so unless you spot something when you're there for other reasons, I wouldn't really suggest it, just because you can get a larger variety elsewhere.

Kongs are a great chew toy, and I suggest them, but honestly, just try all kinds of different toys! It's good for your pup to have a variety so you can rotate through them (keep some put away, when he tires of current ones, put those away and bring out the ones in storage, rinse and repeat) and then you'll be able to see what kind of toys he prefers.

And, just in case you haven't read them, I highly suggest the two free books by Dr. Ian Dunbar: Before You Get Your Puppy and After You Get Your Puppy. Both have very useful information, and I like them because they're free. :) It also has a lot of really good information on housetraining, which is the other reason I like to recommend them. ;) Free downloads | Dog Star Daily

Reactions: Sabina88
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.