Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have adopted/rescued a 6 mo. old german shepherd/siberian husky mix today. I have read as much literature as I could find on the internet about this particular mix as well as for each individual breed. I plan on taking the necessary steps toward raising a happy, healthy canine.

Since the dog is already 6 mo. old and has been raised from a pup I would assume she (Dallas) has bonded and gotten used to the family she was with. Knowing this I have some concerns.

I'd like socialize her as soon as possible. There is a free socializing class offered at the local Petco. I'd like to take her to that. The next one is tomorrow.

Do you recommend doing this?
If so, should I wait for her to develop more trust in me before I expose her to other dogs?
If not, what do you recommend I do to help socialize her?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I hope to have a wonderful, long lasting relationship with Dallas...

Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
829 Posts
FREE!! holy moley that would be a no-brainer for me.LOL. Either way...no harm no foul, right? Er...probably. :) Just leave if its not going well.
Grats on the new puppy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FREE!! holy moley that would be a no-brainer for me.LOL. Either way...no harm no foul, right? Er...probably. :) Just leave if its not going well.
Grats on the new puppy!
Seriously! My eyes just about popped out of my head when the sales rep said FREE! Haha. But I agree with you. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing something wrong since this is my first dog (not counting the family dogs I had growing up). Thank you for the congrats as well! :D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is your pup up to date on all vaccines? Do you know if she is generally friendly with other dogs? IF both of the answers to these questions are 'yes' then I don't see why not.

Reactions: AmandaNola
1 - 5 of 5 Posts