Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I have adopted my first dog from a local rescue group and have come across your forum when googling one of my endless questions ��
Riloue is an Australian Cattle Dog x Staffy x Ridgeback and 5 months old. I love him to bits. Had him for two weeks now and he is doing great. "He is a real cracker" as a passer byer told me once on one of our walks.

He didn't know any commands when he got here, but is progressing well with wih clicker training. His repertoire is slowly growing, sit, down, back to sit, stand, shake hands, stay (to a certain extend), roll over, eye contact when name is called...
I absolutely love this part, practicing tricks.

We also go to obedience training.

Riloue is pretty layd back, loves his food, loves to watch David Attemborough, haha, and loves to play of course.

I am wondering how much exercise is too much for him. I don't force any, but when we go to the off leash park he could play for ever. Also for hings such as jumping into the car- should I avoid it and lift him?

Cheers, Sonja

Ps- I am originally from Germany and have been traveling/ moving for the last 6 years but am now settling down at the lovely east coast of Australia. I love travelling, camping, any sort of craft and play soccer.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gosh with a mix up like that I imagine he can just keep going like the energizer bunny! I would think just pay attention to his movements. When he starts to drag a bit it's usually time for a break. Good luck to you! He's quite handsome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys:thumbsup:
3Dogfam, surprisingly Riloue is extremely relaxed for his age. Everyone comments on that too. This is also pat of the reason why we picked him, we looked at another cattle dog x of same age and he was nuts haha. Almost ate my knee caps.
The foster carer said that the vet said his temperament is more staffy like. I wouldnt have a clue.:confused:
But thats at home haha. Once he starts with other dogs there is no stopping him .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts