Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am getting my first corgi puppy in a few months and I've been researching dog food like crazy. From what I've read, Fromm seems like a good brand that is worth trying. However, a few things are concerning me regarding the Fromm Gold Large Breed Puppy formula. For example, the CA/PH ratio is 1.1:1, which is technically within the proper range (1.1:1-1.5:1), but it is on the lower side. Also, this specific formula has 2.7 g of calcium per 1000 kcals of food, which is slightly outside the recommended range for a large breed puppy food (3.0-4.5). I want to provide the best possible food for my puppy, and would love some advice from owners who are educated on this specific topic. (CA/PH, large breed puppy food requirements, Etc).

Btw, Large breed puppy food is highly recommended for corgi's because of the nutritional requirements of the breed while they are young/growing. I didn't just choose it randomly :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello! I am getting my first corgi puppy in a few months and I've been researching dog food like crazy. From what I've read, Fromm seems like a good brand that is worth trying. However, a few things are concerning me regarding the Fromm Gold Large Breed Puppy formula. For example, the CA/PH ratio is 1.1:1, which is technically within the proper range (1.1:1-1.5:1), but it is on the lower side. Also, this specific formula has 2.7 g of calcium per 1000 kcals of food, which is slightly outside the recommended range for a large breed puppy food (3.0-4.5). I want to provide the best possible food for my puppy, and would love some advice from owners who are educated on this specific topic. (CA/PH, large breed puppy food requirements, Etc).

Btw, Large breed puppy food is highly recommended for corgi's because of the nutritional requirements of the breed while they are young/growing. I didn't just choose it randomly :)
In addition, I received the info on the CA/PH ratio and G per 1000 kcal's from Dogfoodadvisor.com. I'm assuming it is a reliable source of information, but if these ratio's are not correct please let me know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts