Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on the forum so I thought I should make it an introduction!

I live at home with my family (mum, dad, brother (17) and sister (13) ) and I've just gotten my first pet! I'm the primary owner as I do the training and clearing up all the poo!! I've honestly been asking for a dog since I was 6 (I'm 21 now) so i'm delighted to finally have one.

Anyway, I should introduce the main reason why I'm here - About three weeks ago we got a little labrador puppy that we called Daisy. She's now approx. 12 weeks old, and unfortunately we know very little about her (her birthday, the previous owners we met briefly and they weren't the breeder, I assume they had her a week or so and realised they couldn't handle the commitment maybe) She's been microchipped and had her first vaccines and the second round will be in a few days - I'm so excited to take her out to meet other dogs! She can hear them bark from our garden and gets all excited, it's adorable.

As it's my first pet and such a young pup i'm really concerned about getting training sorted, and as i've no experience i've found this forum amazing, so thanks everyone for that :thumbsup: I no doubt will be returning often and asking a few questions here and there!

Her housetraining is improving, 90% of her poo's are outside it's the wee's we don't quite have yet, but she sits by the door and whines when she wants to go out maybe 50% of the time, and she's only started doing this in the past week so it'll take time I'm sure.

Asides from that, she has learned 'sit' ,'lie down' and also 'paw' - which she kind of did naturally so we just incorporated a command for it. She's beginning to get 'fetch' as well but will only do it if she's not tired :) My next concern is getting her to walk properly on a leash and stop biting it! She just won't stop. She's also a pretty nippy puppy and saying 'no' or 'ouch' and even time outs don't work but we can control it and she doesn't go for our shoes/laces as much anymore. She does enjoy lunging at sleeves though when she's playful, other than that she's really very well behaved. She's fallen right into the family already!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello and welcome. :)
Congratulations on your first puppy. Her name suits her !

There is a wealth of information here. have a look at the stickies and previous threads and if you have any questions just start a new thread. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.