Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year ago I was considering a breeder puppy. Changed my mind and also decided to wait a little while. Spent the last 3/4 of a year trying to adopt a young adult from a rescue with no luck. Every dog I liked was adopted by someone else, or their write up didn't match who they were and I changed my mind. After so long, with none left in rescue that I wanted I ended up buying an accidental litter puppy(very cheaply, it wasn't a purposeful money getting situation) last Saturday figuring if I can't find a good adult dog I'd just raise a pup to be one.
So that's his story so far. His name is Rudy. Mom was a chihuahua X dachshund and they called dad a mini pin but he was definitely not purebred. He had long hair and looked like a general terrier mutt honestly.
I picked the only puppy that looked like mom. He is 12 weeks old now, but only has one set of shots because I had to start them after I picked him up. He also wasn't taken outside or trained at all by the people who raised him so he's behind on socialization but I'm doing my best. My adult dog currently hates him so thats a lot of fun...

Anyway, here he is! Bad pictures because my camera thinks my room is pitch black so I can't get away with not using the flash.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
congrats.
with chi and Dackel you've got probably a pretty independent thinking dog.
this'll gonna be fun in training. XD

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far he's not hard to train. Of course he's a puppy so he gets distracted, but he's actually doing better than my old dog and family members dogs. :)
Teaching lie down took the longest, an entire day(of multiple training sessions) to get it down, but with everything else he's learned within a few repetitions. I'm not sure how he'll be off leash or around squirrels and such as he gets older because of the doxie but so far so good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts