Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A first and a Q in Jumpers, a first and a Q in Standard 2, a second and a Q in Gambler, and a third in Standard 1! I royally screwed up Snooker and ended up getting us disqualified for that run. Oh well, live and learn!

Very proud of Nev! 3 Q's at our very first trial (AAC).

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
That's awesome!!! Huge congrats on a great time. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Even just watching Snooker confuses me.

Well done on everything! :D

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Snooker is SO confusing! Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Snooker confuses me too. Luckily in AKC we don't see it very much.

3 Q's on your first time out is AWESOME! Congrats!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! It was so much fun! My goal for the day was just to keep her engaged because we had never done a trial, let alone run agility inside a horse arena. I had thought the smells might be too much for her (when I bring her to the farm with me and she is loose in the indoor arena all she does is search for horse poop and mice). But she was excellent!

And with the Snooker I managed to get 8 points before accidentally sending her back over a red that I had just used! Whoops!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congratulations!

What is Snooker? It is a class that does not exist where I live. I looked for some videos on Youtube. Is the idea to run as many obstacles as possible in given time and a correctly performed obstacle awards you points defined by a colored flag?

and what other funny classes are out there that are not just 'run the given course in less than xx seconds without faults' like the traditional agility and jumpers? We have tunnel courses sometimes at unofficial fun trials but that's it. We love them with Alva because often we can enter without bars or bars on mini level and so Alva who cannot jump can run tunnels and do some kind of agility with me.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
In AAC Agility, Snooker has four red jumps. You have to take a red jump, then one obstacle, a second red and one obstacle, the same with the third and if you have a fast dog, the same with the fourth red obstacle. You then finish by running a set course. You get one point for every red you take and different points depending on what obstacles you choose. You need a certain amount of points to Q depending on the dog and level you are running at. The set course starts out with 2 for the first obstacle, 3 for the next, 4 for the next etc.

It does not seem to be a particularly popular event so is not offered as often as the Gamblers and Jumpers. (the other two games) in AAC.

Meant to add, your dog did really well for its first time out. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Wow, that's really good! I just went to an agility trial this past weekend and in general the novice dogs didn't seem to do too well (a lot of getting distracted and running away, doing the wrong obstacles, etc)- two even ran out of the ring and had to be caught! So good job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.