Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new here, and I hope to be in the correct posting spot.
For my calendar of Dog related events I am looking for dog events happening in 2010.
Do you have any favorite source or sources.
By advance thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
What type of events were you looking for? I'm into dog shows so I like to chack out the AKC events search and the Jack Bradshaw website to find upcoming shows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I am looking for any events related to dogs
from any type of show to large gathering of many dog related biz under one roof.
Let me know if you have specifics that you would like to see listed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Many many moons ago when I had a pedigreed pup and was into the whole dog-showing thing I'd read the AKC gazette. This was back in the days when a 56k bod modem was "amg amazing" though (and expensive -- my poor parents feeding my growing computer habits). Now that we're all running nic cards on fiberoptic wire it looks like it's been put online:

American Kennel Club - Event and Awards Search

·
Banned
288 Posts
AKC Gazette is good so is Dog Fancy Magazine. I remember when I had a subscription they had a pretty good section of events listed. They're alsoon line so maybethey'd have it there too. Bow Tie press is who owns dog fancy.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You know, if you really want to look into something different, the Kuskokwim 300 Sled dog races are a big dog related event including the Iditorod Sled Dog race. They have other sled dogs races too, but this is usually happening in the winter months only. (Jan and Feb) Though they arn't under any roof sooo.... yeah just to point it out. ^_^'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
natagen,
In season I always on my site's news report on the Iditorod,
you mentioned "they aren't under any roof", what do you mean, not sure I follow you :)
I'll be happy to report on them too, if I know where to look.
thanks

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thanks,
I am looking for any events related to dogs
from any type of show to large gathering of many dog related biz under one roof.
Let me know if you have specifics that you would like to see listed.
natagen,
In season I always on my site's news report on the Iditorod,
you mentioned "they aren't under any roof", what do you mean, not sure I follow you :)
I'll be happy to report on them too, if I know where to look.
thanks
Oh, sorry, I was refering to the first statement above. The only thing I like about the Iditorod (besides the sled dogs and weight pulling) is the fair. But the K-300 is something. It's usually around January in a dinkly little town called Bethel, Alaska. They have it every year. It's rare, but they do get some mushers from other coutries.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Oh, sorry, I was refering to the first statement above. The only thing I like about the Iditorod (besides the sled dogs and weight pulling) is the fair. But the K-300 is something. It's usually around January in a dinkly little town called Bethel, Alaska. They have it every year. It's rare, but they do get some mushers from other coutries.
Is my St. Bernard qualified to that { redirect removed} event?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.