Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my JRT mix started favoring his hind right leg. It was only sporadic, but has gotten pretty bad over the last year. Does not bother him. He runs just fine, walks just fine. It only happens when he walks faster than normal. He jumps, he never licks it and it does not seem to hinder any type of activity.

We initially saw an orthopedic surgeon. After some X-Rays, she said he needed surgery for Luxating Patella. We wanted a second opinion. The second vet said it was absolutely not Luxating Patella. That it's some sort of a neurological thing in his spine. Nothing to worry about. Suggested some "Laser Shock Therapy" or something like that. It might help. 50/50 chance. We than saw a 3rd Orthopedic Surgeon and she also said it didn't look like a Luxating Patella. She referred us to a Neurologist. Neurologist said she did not find any neurological issues and again referred us back an orthopedic surgeon. Very frustrating as you can imagine =(

Can anyone recommend a good Orthopedic Vet in the Los Angeles area or around there???? I don't mind driving somewhere else for a good doc. Or at least a good Vet office where I can call and ask them for a referral\recommendation.... Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts