Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After August of 2013 being my last trial, I have finally got my health problems fixed (angioplasty on one leg a bypass on the other) and can finally head back into the Agility ring. I have three dogs to compete with, Remmy, who just needs two Snooker Q's and he is in Masters in everything and my two new dogs. Lucy who is also a Shih Tzu x Maltese, and Kris, who is my Doberman.

Have them entered at the end of August in our local trial and then in another trial the following weekend. That will be all until probably November at our only indoor trial. Sure looking forward to being back into Agility. Here is Remmy and Kris. Kris is 2 1/2 years old now.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Yay! Welcome back! I bet it feels great to be back!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am so pleased to hear you are well enough to do agility again!! That is awesome!! Have a blast. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yay good luck and have loads of fun.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The only picture I have so far from the first day of our trial. Kris did really well for her first time doing Agility outside. She did not knock down any jumps, hit all her contacts, did her weaves perfectly and overall I was really pleased even though no Q's. Lucy was good too but has had more training. It did not help that we had gale force winds that kept blowing down our jumps and demolished a lot of shade tents before they could be taken down. Looks like it cleared the air though and will probably have better weather today.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great pic!!!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Great picture! I bet it felt great to be back!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a great weekend at our second trial. Lucy, my newest Shih Tzu x Maltese Agility dog did great. She got a Q and 1st in Starters Jumpers and a Q and a second in Starter snooker. She just missed in two other classes, one by less than a minute. Took till Sunday and several classes to really get back into working with Lucy as she is very fast and focused and I needed to speed up my directions.

I had Remmy in a couple of classes but I am going to retire him. He had seizures for a couple of years, then was good for 14 months, then had another one a couple of weeks ago. He never was on medication as they were not that often so the Vet did not want to put him on anything. Why they stopped for the 14 months, the Vet does not know. He just was not the same happy dog he used to be before the year and a half off. He was in Masters in everything but Snooker and needed two Q's in that to finish.

Kris, my Dobe, did alright as she has not had near the training that Lucy has had as I can train Lucy over the equipment my sister and I have but some of it is not suitable for a big dog. I will have the winter to train her at the arena in town so she will be ready to go in the spring. In the meantime I am going to do Rally and Obedience with her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts