Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..soo..my dog is obsessed with playing fetch! Right when I wake up, fetch. Get out of the shower, Fetch. When we both get back from a good run, FETCH! Im out of breath, why isnt she! :eyeroll: haha! We live in an apartment so i am trying to take her for runs almost everyday to keep her entertained. Anyone have any ideas to keep her from bringing toys to me 24-7? If I dont pay attention to her, she just nudges it closer to me. then if that doesnt work, she will cry for my attention. Its just annoyying to me that i cant hold her or cuddle without her thinking i want to throw something to her! helpp!:dog-bone:
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I had to train a foster this year, a BC, that had CCD (Canine Compulsive Disorder) and because she had never been walked in her old home, nor trained, only kept in the kitchen for about two years of her life, the ONLY outlet she had for her energy and mind was : ball. That was it. So now, she's CCD about it, and will not rest until she plays it. Even when I'd walked her before hand and we'd played it at the park (she was so obsessed she didn't even look at the other dogs coming to say hello to her), we got to her foster home and I'd train her simple obedience and it took me twenty minutes to get her to focus on me. When I'd hidden her toys so she couldn't beg for a game of fetch, she started picking up objects as substitutes - worms, cups, plants, etc. Anything she could find. Eventually, with a high value treat, I taught her down, stay, leave it, etc., but it was so difficult because she was so on edge, all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts