Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has ever looked into it or taken courses through them? If so what was your exeperience like?

I'm considering doing a couple courses(bronze level because I'm broke). The first would probbaly be the "dealing with the bogeyman" course that starts in december.

Fenzi Dog Sports Academy - Home

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I haven't done it, but I have seriously looked into it and will probably do some courses. I have heard nothing but amazing things about it, I don't think you can go wrong. :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really excited to start! Just have to actually try and put away some money to be able to sign up!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Never heard of it, but that's a good option to know about. I wanted to do Rally Obedience but there are no classes in my area- so maybe I can take the Rally classes from this online academy instead!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm taking Conformation I at bronze level right now. Great information, but a bit too fast paced for me. I was told not all classes are like that though. Still worth the money. I wouldn't take a class above bronze level though. If I'm going to spend $200 I would rather spend it on an in person class.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love FDSA. I usually take a couple classes per term, usually at bronze, and occasionally at gold. How much you like a class can depend on the instructor and how much you like his or her style. I have loved all of Denise's classes in particular (makes sense that the founder would be a good teacher). There are a few here and there that I'm meh about, but overall I've had very positive experiences. Taking classes at Gold is nice because it forces you to keep up and practice, though it can get overwhelming. Bronze is nice because you can follow along at your own pace, though if you are an inexperienced trainer you might struggle to keep up without help. The Facebook groups can be very useful if you need some specific help - lots of the people there are very knowledgeable. I don't like the silver level as much. You can't ask about what your specific dog is doing, which is what I usually need, so I don't get much out of being able to ask questions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts