Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now, I don't take the time to come here often, usually (I blush to admit) when I have a problem, while I note that a lot of people come here for the sake of helping others, something I've been grateful for many times. I'll keep trying to work on getting by here more often! :eek:

Anyway, I saw something I thought was incredibly cool on my Facebook page:

Home

It's an organization that helps people who can't afford to build fences for their dogs, but tie them up for hours and hours, and we know what the possible results of that are. I personally find it heartbreaking. And then I find this organization the provides real, true nonjudmental help to people like this. I just really liked this. I guess it's a bit like Habitat for Humanity...

Maybe all of you already know about it and it's already been mentioned here, but if not, check it out, maybe make a little donation (I intend to).

I wouldn't get a dog if I had to tie it up while I was gone, but I live across the road from a dog that moans and yelps all night long because it is tied up and lonely and is owned by an elderly person whose daughter considers it "protection" (how the dog would get off it's tie-out to eat a burglar is beyond me). We've tried everything we can think of to do something to get them to fix this problem, including calling "animal protection," and another local organization which is only interested in whether it is fed or not...and neither organization is remotely interested. But maybe "Fences for Fido" could help.

Anyway, just wanted you to know about this.

Eklutna

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've seen this on my Facebook as well! Hopefully they can help.

Ever since I moved to a more rural location, I've seen a lot of outside-only dogs and some tied out in front of properties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts