Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 month old Great Dane female and the neighbors I share a chain link fence with have a 3 year old pit-bull mix. They never really had any issue, my Dane would try to play, but the pit-bull just ignored her. They just got another pit-bull mix and now it is WWII. My Dane broke her canine tooth on the chain link fence. I have a hose lying next to the fence and when they charge, I turn on the hose which breaks it and they head back toward the other side of the yard. I think the worst part is that they are teaching my Dane to react with aggression. Do you think a wood privacy fence would help and do have any other suggestions for me

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Welcome. Here's a video that might help.

http://www.dogforum.com/dog-training-behavior/fence-fighting-129873/

Also, you might want to put up another fence inside the chain link fence. Put it about three feet away from the fence that separates your yard from the neighbor's yard. If it's a privacy fence, all the better but the main purpose is to prevent your dog from getting close to the fence. This should help reduce the fence fighting while you're working on the protocol in the video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts