Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Last week I got my female dog spayed n she got antibiotics for 5 days.. doctor used dissolvable stitches but today it’s 8th day and m not able to understand if her incision is healing properly or not. She licks her incision sometimes though I have covered her incision. Plz help
006DB7B0-5209-447B-B2FD-8164349C6AF8.jpeg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks fine to me but I'm not a doctor. If she's licking it, then it's probably itchy. As always, monitor closely, if it changes then take her back to the vet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I see. It doesn't look swollen in the picture to me but you see the dog every day so you are a better judge of that. If you think the swelling is increasing then you should take her back to the vet to be checked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Due to corona virus there’s a lockdown in my city till 31st March so I called my vet n sent him the pic, he said there’s no need to wrry but prevent her from licking that area n clean the area with betadil solution

·
Registered
437 Posts
On a different subject, I didn't think that keeping dogs as pets was really a thing in India, or am I wrong about that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gone are the days wen ppl used to be skeptical abt having dogs..! But now almost everyone owns a dog here ? and btw I hav two stray dogs

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
Can you send that photo to your vet? It doesn't look like the wound has opened completely but that does look like tender open flesh below it. I think I'd keep that covered with a dry dressing to make sure nothing gets into it and it doesn't get infected, but please take your vet's advice on that as I am not medically qualified.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes I hav sent him the pic. He is quite bzy right now. I m very scared ? doctor had used dissolvable stitches... has the stiches fall out or wat ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why there is so much redness in her incision area... is the stitches open?
This is not good. The photo you posted a couple of days ago showed a wound that was closed and uninfected.

The photo you are posting now shows a wound that is open. It does not appear to be infected to me (disclaimer: I am NOT a veterinarian). The chances of infection are much higher now.

You need to contact your vet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes my vet has replied me just now. He asked me to apply betadin ointment twice a day.. n avoid licking!! she doesn’t wear cone at all ? So just now I hav made DIY towel collar for her. Let’s see if it works.
F4137E89-140A-4459-B4E3-38E182377396.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Last week I got my female dog spayed n she got antibiotics for 5 days.. doctor used dissolvable stitches but today it’s 8th day and m not able to understand if her incision is healing properly or not. She licks her incision sometimes though I have covered her incision. Plz help View attachment 246231
I’ve heard it can take up to 15 days for stiches to completely dissolve. Its probably itchy and a little tender. Ask her vet if you can put aquaphor or neosporin on it. Or crack open a Vitamin E capsule And apply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’ve heard it can take up to 15 days for stiches to completely dissolve. Its probably itchy and a little tender. Ask her vet if you can put aquaphor or neosporin on it. Or crack open a Vitamin E capsule And apply.
Vet has told me to apply becadin ointment only. Now it’s recovering I think... it’s been 12 days

1 - 16 of 16 Posts