Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Female dog - hind legs

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BarkTwain 
#1 ·
I have 3 years old American bully female. She was very normal and active and also had a beautiful litter a year ago.
During past couple of months she is showing some strange difficulty such as - following to a long walk she’s finding hard with her hind legs for one or two days that she’s extremely exhausted and she hardly uses her hind legs to walking. She sometimes walk only by using her front legs by dragging the hind legs on the floor in sitting mode.
Dear experts please explain this situation to me. When I took her to doctors they said all her health was in an order and there’s nothing bad to mention.
I am restless with this situation.
Please help me.

#4 ·
Possibly. But without a vet exam, it's really impossible to say for sure - from a quick Google search -

• Dermacentor tick bite (“tick paralysis” caused by the neurotoxin in the saliva of female ticks)
  • Meningitis
  • Rabies
  • Distemper
  • Discospondylitis
  • Slipped discs
  • Spinal infection, inflammation, or injury
  • Spinal or vertebral deformation
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Neosporosis
  • Severe exposure to pesticides or insecticides (those that contain organophosphates)
  • Embolus (blocked blood flow to the spine)
  • Aortic embolus (blocked blood flow to the hind legs)
  • Central nervous system tumors or cancer
  • Botulism
  • Myasthenia gravis
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Fibrocartilaginous embolism (part of a spinal disk breaks off and blocks blood flow)

#6 ·
If you can, think of the most common diseases for your particular breed and not the more rare afflictions. Good or bad its usually the more common problems. I think half of the things listed could be ruled out depending on where you let you pet go, what you let him eat, etc. It def could be any number of things as Joeann says. One thing is clear though.. your pet needs med care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.