Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three months ago I purchased two Pomeranian/Chihuahua/Shih Tzu mix puppies, a brother and sister pair named Bella and Felix. At first Bella was the outgoing, spunky little thing that was far more vocal, always initiating play fighting, and was much more content to roam my yard than to sit in my lap. Felix on the other hand, was quite the opposite. He was a little more shy, glued to me from the moment I got him, and was happy to take the cuddling that Bella didn't want (the roles have switched now). The first night was typical for having two 8 week old puppies, up and down through the night but they only cried when they needed to go out. The second night, however, was where everything definitely took a turn. Felix cried throughout the night, from 8pm to 6am, completely unmanageable. When I sat with him he cried, when I took him out he cried, when I put a blanket over their crate he cried, when he could see me in the room with them he cried (I know what you'll be thinking, he's in perfectly good health. Physical pain is not the reason he cries). For the past three months Felix has cried like this, non stop. I take him out for several hours every day and he still cries when he's crated at night, if he's left outside with Bella by himself he cries, if he's separated from her he cries, when he gets a bath he cries, if I'm standing outside with him but have to go in for a moment (for whatever reason) he cries, when he sees or hears food he cries; the only time he doesn't cry is when he's asleep, but even the slightest movement or sound sets him off for hours. His excitement isn't just in the form of barking and crying however, as now he's begun attacking his sister, urinating in various places instead of going once in his designated potty place (which has made housebreaking and crate training an absolute nightmare), and just swallowing his food without hardly chewing it.

It's gotten bad enough that my family and I have begun to consider the option of placing Felix in a new home, the incessant crying and barking has definitely worn everyone's patience thin including my own. Does anyone have advice to give on quite possibly the biggest crybaby in history?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.