Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
11,832 Posts
You'll probably be ok with your bowl.
The medium/large dog people who are in classes with us classes with use bowls and platforms similar in size to yours, or even larger. Mine are small, just because my dogs are small. My guys are convinced that anything much larger is either a sitting or standing platform! :p

Try it! In your vid you had your toes to the bowl so she couldn't get into heel completely and is why she was touching the front of your leg. If the bowl is at your side then she can stand on it next to you in heel.

· Registered
234 Posts
@Bob The Dog hand touch... covered in lesson 1... you're signed up for the course, right?
Thanks for the HT definition.

No, I'm not signed up but have cruised the Fenzi site over the years and used the teaser info as a guide of sorts.

I've basically taught hand touch at a very early age with my pups and then used this basic training and incorporated the "touch" command for other disciplines which aid in skills such as send outs using a cone for example or identifying a particular object with a "touch".

· Premium Member
7,956 Posts
You'll probably be ok with your bowl.
The medium/large dog people who are in classes with us classes with use bowls and platforms similar in size to yours, or even larger. Mine are small, just because my dogs are small. My guys are convinced that anything much larger is either a sitting or standing platform! :p

Try it! In your vid you had your toes to the bowl so she couldn't get into heel completely and is why she was touching the front of your leg. If the bowl is at your side then she can stand on it next to you in heel.
This made far more sense when I was doing it vs when I was imagining it! Thanks for the tip- worked perfectly last night! I'll get some vids tonight!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.